I have a strong background in visual art with experience in web development and branding. I value collaboration and I'm at my best when working on a team.
Build.com is a Home Improvement e-commerce platform that makes about $1.2 million in revenue for each of its 500 employees. I work on a "Cart and Checkout" Team with a group of developers, Prodect Managers, and Business Stakeholders that serves our flagship site (www.build.com), as well as a host of other niche product sites.
- Utilize research and testing to optimize user flows and UI across devices
- Deliver wireframes, prototypes, and hi-fi mocks to communicate design solutions
- Work closely with developers and stakeholders to ensure and track product success
During my year in this position, I won 3 quarterly awards for outstanding performance.
- Catalog - Project management, layout design, and photo editing for a quarterly printed catalog
- Graphics - Regularly created graphical elements to use in marketing campaigns for both web and print
- E-mail - Designed a more functional and on-brand e-mail template for promotional content.
A local Natural Foods Co-op that went through a complete rebrand during my time there.
- Brand creation and management including identity, full website redesign, packaging, editorial, social media, in-store merchandising, and environmental store designs
- Conception and implementation of marketing campaigns including print, web, and video advertising
- Product photography
- Community outreach
California State University Chico 2011 — 2013
Butte Community College 2009 — 2011
- Traditional Drawing
- Digital Painting
- Vector Illustration
- Basic Animation
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Concept Art
- Physics and Mechanics
- 2D Sprite & Effects Animation
- Designing for VR
- Object Creation
I have had the pleasure of working with Suzy on our checkout revamp. She came to all our meetings with an enthusiasm, curiosity, and a lot of great questions. Without a doubt she's been a tremendous asset to the project and has been critical in finding not so obvious edge cases and in getting this shipped. I wholeheartedly endorse Suzy as a UX designer that anyone would be lucky to have on their project!
— Robbie Reaves, Build.com
Suzy's design skill and aesthetic acumen proved invaluable during our recent rebranding. We have literally redesigned every graphic component of our store and Suzy was the major force behind that endeavor.
— Dylan Tellesen, Chico Natural Foods Co-op